Monday, September 12, 2011

Review: Supernaturally

Book: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Release Date: July 26, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 336
Source: KPL
Stars: 4/5
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees. 

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself. 

So much for normal. 

(summary taken from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS:  

I love, love, love the first book, Paranormalcy (read my review here), so I just knew I had to get my hands on a copy of Supernaturally when it came out! 

And it's awesome! Evie is back in all her witty glory, and so are the rest of the hilarious cast. I adore all of the old characters (like Lend!), but I also fall hard for the new characters too (like Jack, who despite being annoying sometimes is always funny). 

Supernaturally is so, so different from Paranormalcy, but not at all in a bad way! We get to see a whole new side of Evie, explore more of the Faerie Realms, and discover more about her mysterious past. The only thing I regret is that we don't see much of Tasey in this book. Or Evie's crazy-awesome boots.  

But I guess that just adds to the realism, something this series definitely has! 

All in all, Supernaturally is a great sequel! I don't adore it as much as I did with book one, but I still recommend that you pick this one up! Can't wait until Endlessly comes out! :) 

BUY or BORROW?: With the hilarious one-liners and witty remarks, you should definitely add this book to your collection!  

-Mimi

7 comments:

  1. Great review! I can't wait to get to this myself. I had to buy it as soon as I'd finished Paranormalcy as well, since I loved it so much! I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about this one though, so I'm definitely curious about what I'll think. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it as much as you did!

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Paranormalcy so much, I can't wait to get into this one and spend more time with Evie. I'm bummed we don't get lots of Tasey time, but it sounds like this one is still a winner anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so fail because I haven't read Paranormalcy...YET, but I plan to. I've heard Evie is smart and funny! My favorite combo.

    And I loving that mention of realism. I'm always on the look out for that.

    Thanks for the review Mimi. It feels like the kick in the butt I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like this one as much as I did Paranormalcy either--but considering how much I'm in love with Paranormalcy, I guess that's not surprising :) And I totally agree that it was fun to get to know Jack.

    And seriously, it cracks me up how it's like you read my mind sometimes with which books you review. I was going to schedule my review of Supernaturally to post tomorrow but switched at the last minute. Then I came over to your blog and saw that you had posted yours. It totally made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt like there wasn't enough Lend for my tastes and there definitely wasn't enough Tasey; looking forward to Endlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am number 1 at the library for this... can't wait to get my copy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!