Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

Book: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
Author: Ally Carter
Release Date: May 1, 2006
Publisher: Hyperion
Pages: 284
Source: purchased from Chapters
Stars: 5/5
The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women lives up to its name. Not only does this exclusive boarding school teach advanced language skills and correct deportment; its students also master the arts of tapping phones, hacking into computers, and spying in public places. 

At school, second-generation Gallagher Girl Cammie Morgan has impeccable credentials: She is fluent in 14 languages and able to kill an assailant in seven different ways. But recently life has dealt Cammie a card that she never anticipated: She has fallen in love with an ordinary boy who knows nothing about her exotic double life. A truly covert romance.

(summary taken from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS:  

An all girls boarding school for spies? Heck yes! How amazing does that sound?? I can't even tell you how much I adore this entire series but I guess reviewing this first book is a start! :) 

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (abbreviated LYKY because, as cool as that title is, it's a little long) is so much fun to read! Everything about it just makes me smile. It has an awesome cast of characters, an amazingly original premise, and a romance that is so, so sweet.

Cammie "The Chameleon" is the perfect voice for this novel! The way she tells her story is always so much fun to follow, and some things just make me laugh out loud. And I adore all of the other characters, too! From her headmaster mother to her two hilarious best friends to the sweetest boy in the entire world (Josh!! ), I could read about them all day and never stop smiling.

So what are you waiting for? If you haven't started the Gallagher Girls series yet, you definitely need to! LYKY is such a blast to read! It's the perfect first novel to an awesome, giggle-inducing series! 

BUY or BORROW?: Buy it! I love having LYKY on my shelf! :)

-Mimi

10 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about the Gallagher Girls series everywhere. If only mount TBR wasn't so big. I love the idea of a private school for female spies. Heck the boys have had them for years. It's our turn!! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll totally add this to my TBR. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about these books I was wondering if they were worth it. I'll have to check them out!

    Giselle at Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this on a few people's sites, but I never really gave it another thought. It sounds like a fun read! Going to have to add it to my TBR list!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I suck basically. I'm an Ally Carter virgin and that is just unacceptable! All her books sound so fun and entertaining and I'm ridiculously challenged for not having picked one up yet. Must change that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I love Carter's Heist Society series... *le sigh thinking of HALE* so maybe I should give this one a try. How can you go wrong with a girls' boarding school for spies?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've read this first one; just like Carter's Heist Society series, it just made me smile and giggle with joy-SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The story does sound funny..I am sure it is a good read and I would like to read it sometime soon. And yes, the title is too long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I really love this series! It's so fun and cute. I can't wait until Out of Sight, Out of Time comes out in 2012! Glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really
    appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your
    further post thank you once again.

    Look at my website I agree with that

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!