How do I review?
My reviews? Basically, they're just thoughts!
I just post whatever it is that I'm thinking about at the time of finishing the book! It might be just pure, gushing praise or a little disappointment. Sometimes I might even talk about the writing style if it was amazing or a little hard to follow.
But I will never downright insult a book or an author. Sure, if I don't like it, I'm not going to lie and say that I do. Everything I post on my blog will be completely and utterly honest. If I don't like a book, I just won't recommend it.
I don't, however, believe in bashing a novel just for the sake of criticism because every author works extremely hard to publish a book, and my opinion isn't the only one out there!
That said, I have a 100% honesty policy. My opinions will be my own and I don't accept any sort of compensation for a perfect review. No lies, no regrets, right? ;)
Parts of my reviews:
- book title
- release date
- my honest and free-train thoughts
- buy or borrow
Where do I post my reviews?
I post my reviews on my blog, Goodreads, Chapters.Indigo.ca, Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, and LibraryThing.com.
Do I accept novels to review?
Definitely! If you'd like me to review a book on my blog -- or just to blog about it for the sake of blogging -- don't hesitate to ask. I'm currently accepting different types of YA novels and some middle school fiction, too! Go ahead and email me a request and, although I may not be able to undertake every request, I'll try my best to respond!
Do I host blog tours, interviews, guest posts and/or giveaways?
I'm almost always happy to be a part of any sort of blog tour, guest post, giveaway, or interview (of authors, publishers, editors, or even other bloggers!). There's no guarantee that I'll be able to accept every invitation, but it never hurts to ask!
If you message me about anything that you wish to be kept private, I'll honor it. So please don't feel like you can't contact me for something as small as a "hi" or something as big as asking me for help on something. I would never purposely embarrass, humiliate, or make fun of somebody!
For giveaways and contests, I don't share any of that information given to me by participants with anyone else. More often than not, information will be gathered by Google Docs except for smaller giveaways. I'll usually only ask for your name, email address, and mailing address.
And once the contest is completed and a winner is chosen, I delete all information. Only the winner's first name and last initial or alias will be posted on my blog to announce who has won, and maybe a blog address if specified.
For some giveaways and contests I host, your information will be given to the author, publish, or other blogger who holds the prize. If this is the case, I'll specify that beforehand so you know who your information is going to.
Rules and disclaimers applicable for all contests and giveaways except when specified:
- You must be 13 years or older to enter.
- Contests will be open to residents of Canada and the U.S. unless otherwise stated.
- One entry per person per household.
- Each contest will have its own rules.
- You must follow all contest instructions for a valid entry.
- All giveaway winners will be chosen by random.org.
- I hold the right to disqualify or eliminate any entries as I see fit.
- I hold the right to substitute prizes if needed.
- I am not responsible for items lost in the mail, and therefore no substitute prizes will be offered for lost prizes.
- Amount of time it takes for prizes to arrive depends on where the prize is being shipped to. Please be patient for international winners for it may take longer than the allotted maximum of 6 weeks (Canadian and American winners) for your prize to arrive.
** Please take note that it's ".ca" and NOT ".com". The person who owns that email address is a completely different person.
You can also message and/or friend me on Goodreads. I finally made an account! :)
Can I be reached anytime?
Of course! Unless otherwise specified (for example, a trip or a brief blog break), I'll mostly be open for contact or affiliation. Don't hesitate to say hi! :)