Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Pledge

 
 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by the awesome Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Words are the most dangerous weapon of all.

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.


(summary taken from Goodreads)
Release Date: November 15, 2011

A dystopian book with a little bit of fantasy in it? Count me in! Plus, I adored Kimberly Derting's The Body Finder series and I can't wait to read something more from her! :)

And doesn't that cover look incredibly cool??

WHAT BOOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? 

-Mimi

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it either. I haven't read The Body Finder series but I have read great reviews. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the dystopians are really coming out of the woodwork aren't they? I really like the language angle of this one. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this one sounds really cool I'm waiting for it as well. I'm a sucker for anything dystopian.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat!! I love the idea for that book ;)

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    Zompacolypse is coming. Are you infected?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, this one looks interesting; eager to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read the sequal in the Body Finders series. :) But this one sounds awesome. That cover is so, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I find mine through review publications, like Publishers Weekly. Where do you find yours

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and me both on this one Mimi! I love the Body Finder series so I cannot wait to see what she does with this book:) Love that cover too, it's so beautiful and creepy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im also excited for this one! Nice choice :)


    Check out my WoW this week here

    ReplyDelete
  11. AKjhasjdhakjsdkjhd I want this book so badd! Have you entered the Goodreads giveaway for it? I can't remember if it's over or not! But anyways, dystopian and fantasy = best thing everrr!! Why aren't we bffs in real life? I'm pretty sure we're the same person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very intrigued bu this one. Since I've seen the cover I was curious to read this book, but now that I've seen the synopsis I can't wait to know more about it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice, I've had my eye on this one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. "drug-fueled underground clubs" LOL sounds insane, I love it. I'm waiting on The Death Cure right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen this on a couple of other WOW posts. Definitely sounds interesting. I like that the different between classes is all in the language. Interesting concept.

    Leslie
    WOW @ WorkingfortheMandroid.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds great, I'd love to get ahold of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choice Mimi! This sounds really good. Although I've never read this author's stuff, The Pledge sounds awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!