Sunday, September 04, 2011

Review: Shift

Book: Shift
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 367
Source: KPL
Stars: 5/5
Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.  

Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift. 
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.

(summary taken from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS: 

Even though I finished this book a few days ago, I still can't get it out of my head! It's one of those rare sequels that are so much better than the first.

I can't even tell you how much I adore the first book, Shade (except if you read my review here, I guess), and it's so hard to believe that Shift can beat that! I became even more attached to all the characters in this book because they're all so real and well-developed.

This series is home to one of the most fascinating worlds I've ever read about where anyone born after the Shift (which occurred sixteen years ago) can see violet-hued ghosts. And this book just takes world-building to a whole new captivating level! We're finally getting into the mystery of the Shift, and I have to say that my mind was literally reeling.

Completely original and utterly compelling, Shift was a book that caught me hook, line, and sinker. Jeri Smith-Ready has a literal skill for creating awesome (albeit very steamy) novels. I honestly started to cry at one point it was that intense! This series is a must-read!

BUY or BORROW?: This is a book you should definitely have on your shelf! :)

-Mimi

6 comments:

  1. This was such an amazing book-so glad you loved it too! Have you chosen a side yet? I'm Team Zachary all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this series but I haven't found them to buy yet. I really love the covers, so I want the books. Great Review.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooved this book! :] Glad you liked it! Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kristin. These covers are outstanding. I have Shade and Shift on my TBR. This review makes me wish I was a much faster reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard many great things about this series and I'm wondering why I haven't bought the first book. Must buy it. ;) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know this serie. It sounds interesting. I will add it in my wish. Thanks for your review !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!