Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Half-Blood

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by the awesome Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:

Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. 

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

(summary taken from Goodreads)
Release Date: October 18, 2011 

There are so many reasons why I want this book that, if I listed them here, you'd probably fall asleep reading them! I absolutely loved the prequel novella Daimon (you can read my review here or download it for free here), so I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Half-Blood!  

Plus, isn't the cover just gorgeous? :) 

WHAT BOOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? 

-Mimi

12 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about Halfblood and I read Daimon and it was great! Good Choice!

    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people are waiting on this one! It sounds really unique! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have to check out the 1st book! The cover looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only heard awesome things about this one. Though I'm not a fan of the cover, I must check it out!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half-Blood is awesome! If you liked Daimon, you'll definitely enjoy Half-Blood. Great pick! :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds great. I cant wait to read it! Check out My WoW here: http://thebookcovers.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wedsday-august-17th.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this on my TBR. The cover is amazing and the book sounds like an awesome read! I can't wait for it.
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Half-Blood is sooo good! You will love it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous cover! I love the purples and the lines creating the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots of ppl talk about this one! here's my WOW post w/2012 books! hope you'll stop by and let me know what you are looking forward to reading from my list! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Move over vampires, werewolves and faeries - the Hematoi, Pures and Half-Bloods have taken the spotlight. Half-Blood doesn't keep you waiting for action - it picks up right where Daimon (The Half-Blood prequel) ended. After being away from the Covenant for three years Alex is back, but in order to stay has to prove to the new Dean, who doesn't want her there that she can catch up to her peers before the school year starts. On top of worrying about her future and trying to move on from a recent tragedy, Alex still doesn't know why her mother took her away. How safe is she at the covenant? The mysterious Aiden, a Pure and Sentinel starts training her. You can sense a tension between them every time they interact.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!