Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review: Passion

Book: Passion
Author: Lauren Kate
Release Date: June 14, 2011
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Pages: 432
Source: KPL
Stars: 3/5
Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.

Sweeping across centuries, PASSION is the third novel in the unforgettably epic FALLEN series.

(summary taken from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS:  

Have you ever read a book that confused the heck out of you, yet you still couldn't put it down? That's what Passion was like for me! 

It continues right from where the second book left off, with Luce plunging into the Announcers to see her (many) past lives. That was one confusing part: the third person narrative sometimes made it a little hard to follow which Luce was which (even though her past selves were named different variations of 'Luce').

I really liked the first two books, so I was sad because I felt like not much happened in Passion. It was just Luce exploring her past lives. She hardly even got to see Daniel or anyone, really! I kept thinking, "Okay, something exciting is going to happen!" But when the action stayed a straight line, I got pretty frustrated.

And I miss Cam.

Still, Lauren Kate's gothic prose made the book hard to put down, and the last part of Passion was epic, intense, and a great set-up for the finale, Rapture. This series is definitely my guilty pleasure I'm craving to read the hopefully amazing conclusion! 

BUY or BORROW?: I think this book made me a bit too frustrated for me to read it more than once, but maybe that's just me. x)

-Mimi

4 comments:

  1. The premise itself is confusing to me. But then, i havent read the previous books. So, I might not be wrong. Hope I read the previous two books before i come to this. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, I still haven't read the second book in this series. I'm worried that they won't live up to my expectations and now I know that I should have none with the third book. ;) Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the first two but I am a little scared that I won't enjoy this one. Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first, I thought whoa, this book was going to be the best one yet, but then I easily grew bored with it all. It seemed to me the pattern was just repeating each new life she glimpsed. I'm with you, this one wasn't as good as the last two.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!