Thursday, August 11, 2011

Follow Friday #11

Hey, everyone!

For those who don't know, Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by the super-duper awesome Parajunkee & Alison Can Read! It's a great way to meet new people and expand your list of friends over Blogger, and it's really easy to join, too! :)


All you have to do is:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read)
  2. (Required) Follow the featured bloggers of the week. (Steph Likes Books & Teen Fiction Centre)
  3. Put your blog name and URL in the Linky thing. 
  4. Grab the the button up there and place it in a post (so people can say hi in the comments!).
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just only a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs! Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI!"
  6. If someone comments and follows you, share the love! Follow them back ;)
  7. If you're new to the Follow Friday hop, comment and let Parajunkee & Alison know, so they can stop by and check out your blog!
Q: How have your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen, what new genres are you in love with currently?  

A: Since I'm still a teenager (fifteen in October!), I really just love anything that has to do with the whole YA range. I'm not that picky as long as the writing is good, the characters are lovable, and the story is intriguing enough to keep me reading. 

But lately, I guess I have to say that I've fallen into the dystopian craze because it's just so interesting to read. I also love paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and steampunk. Sorry; I'm really bad at picking one thing out of many!

What about you? :)

HAPPY FOLLOW FRIDAY!

-Mimi 

P.S.: Don't forget to enter my 100 Followers Giveaway if you haven't already! All you have to do is be a follower and it's international! :)

17 comments:

  1. Hopping through. So cool that you read so much as a teen. I read a lot but I wish I'd read more.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is awesome that you are able to read so much! I was very limited in reading when I was a teen, but still did it anyways! BTW, Dystopian is the shniz <3 Lol
    Here is my FF:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-14.html
    Happy Friday!
    Pretty sure I am an old follower, but no one's follower bars are showing up! I check again later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there! happy follow friday! (technically its thursday still lol)
    I'm a follower on your blog! hope you'll stop by mine and follow me! I also have a giveaway right now to win an ARC of glow by amy kathleen ryan! =]


    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. another dystopian lover! *high five*

    old follower here, hopping through!

    my FF:
    http://bookchilla.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/follow-friday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mimi!
    Old follower here. I don't see why you have to pick; I say give all the genres equal amounts of love :)
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love a good dystopian! Have you read Delirium by Lauren Oliver?

    Go check out Sash's answer to the Follow Friday!
    And check out our AWESOME giveaways too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi & Happy Friday,

    I love Dystopian!

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Happy Friday. :)
    Hopping by. I read everything - genre hopper too lol. I am reading When She Woke right now. It is really good.
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a teen anymore but I'm enjoying YA novels more today than ever! I love dystopian novels too! They're fascinating :)

    New follower,
    April

    Here's mine: Fridays @ Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely all the crazes in YA, especially dystopian and steampunk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really all you need, is loveable characters, intriguing store, and good writing.

    New Follower. Here's ours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Urban fantasy is probably my favorite, but I'm not picky. I also love steampunk and, even though the market's swamped with it right now, dystopian. Characters make or break books for me, so that's my main thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Completely agree with the dystopian genre:D I've never actually read anything that classifies as steampunk but evidently I need to get on it!

    Great post, New follower:D

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I just finished The Girl In The Steel Corset by Kady Cross (it was awesome btw) and now I'm in a total steampunk phase! If you have any suggestions let me know because I'd love to read more in that genre.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many #FF is loving dystopian and paranormal. There are so many YA books that are awesome and your very lucky to be a teen at this time ;)

    Here's my Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm like you--as long as a YA has the writing and characters and plot down, I'll read it no matter the genre. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!