Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Crossed

 
 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by the awesome Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 

Crossed by Ally Condie
The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy.

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


(summary taken from Goodreads
Release Date: November 1, 2011

I have a huge thing for dystopian right now, and I adored Matched in particular. It was so sweet! And the synopsis for Crossed sounds ten times more intense! Plus, I'm having some serious cover love! :)

WHAT BOOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? 

-Mimi

6 comments:

  1. Great pick! I can't wait for Crossed, I loved Matched and I am so excited to read what will happen next.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Matched as well. I have an ARC of this one, but so many books to read before it. Great pick, Mimi!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for Crossed. I can't wait. I have been thinking about this book for months and would feature it weekly on W.O.W. if I didn't think my readers would get a bit bored. I am so excited for this book.
    Check out my WOW
    http://lostinyawonderland.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-and-wordless.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I'm waiting for this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I need to read Matched still!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!