Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Deadly Cool

 
 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by the awesome Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
First I find out that my boyfriend is cheating on me. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And now he’s depending on me to clear his name. Seriously
As much as I wouldn’t mind watching him squirm, I know that he’s innocent. So I’m brushing off my previously untapped detective skills and getting down to business. But I keep tripping over dead bodies and I’m still no closer to figuring out who did it. And what’s worse: all signs seem to point to me as the killer’s next victim. 

I really need to pick a better boyfriend next time.

(summary taken from Goodreads)
Release Date: October 11, 2011

As a huge sucker for mystery stories, Deadly Cool is definitely a book I'm excited to read! Only a few more days until I can try and get my hands on a copy!

Plus, I love how they used headphones to write the word "COOL" on the cover! Pretty clever! :)



WHAT BOOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? 

-Mimi

P.S. Don't forget to enter the first giveaway in my Autumn BookFest if you haven't already! The second one is coming on Friday! :) 


15 comments:

  1. I like mystery novels too. I don't tend to pick them up that much, but when I do I enjoy them. Great choice! This one sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book for review. I'm planning to start on it tomorrow. I think it'll be really good! Great pick!

    Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, duh, I was so focused on the amazing blue eyes I never even noticed the headphones! I'm eager for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this one on tour and really enjoyed it, it was a really quick and fun read and I'm now dying for the next book:) Looking forward to seeing what you think of it Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one as well it's coming out next week. The reviews have been very good too.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yess this book sounds sooo amazing! I love that cover :) Great pick Mimi!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cover is so creepy-her eyes are so blue and the expression just weirds me out. I love the earbuds for "Cool" though. The concept sounds more interesting to me but I'll probably wait for some reviews before reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also been looking forward to Deadly Cool! It sounds like a Kim Harrington-type book, and since I liked Clarity, I'm probs going to like this as well :) And the cover is pretty awesome, too.

    You can find my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for this one either. I got an ARC of this one last week, and it sure sounds cool! Awesome pick, Mimi.

    Stop by mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really good! I really like the cover, I bet it will look interesting for real.

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fan of the headphones, too...and that's great that you don't have to wait long for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cover is so gorgeous ! I would be curious to read your review about this one. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha...the synopsis sounds awesome...and look at her eyes..so blue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm really excited to read this one too. love mysteries.

    check out our WoW this week.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen some good reviews for this one. I want it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!