Monday, October 17, 2011

Review: Intertwined

Book: Intertwined
Author: Gena Showalter
Release Date: September 1, 2009
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 440
Source: borrowed from Lexie
Stars: 4/5
Most sixteen-year-olds have friends.

Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him:

One can time travel.
One can raise the dead.
One can possess another human.
One can tell the future.

Everyone thinks he's crazy, which is why he's spent his entire life shuffled between mental institutions and juvie. All of that is about to change, however. For months Aden has been having visions of a beautiful girl—a girl who carries centuries-old secrets. A girl who will either save him or destroy him.

Together they'll enter a dark world of intrigue and danger…but not everyone will come out alive. 

(summary taken from Goodreads
MY THOUGHTS:  

Can I have the sequel now?? 

Intertwined was definitely a one-sit read! From the very beginning when one of the four souls living inside Aden accidentally raises a cemetery you know you're in for a totally awesome ride. The whole concept of it was original and complicated and tons of fun!

Plus, the originality extended to the plot which I really loved. This whole book was a breath of fresh air (with a twisting plot, an intriguing world, and lovable characters), especially that there were two sets of romances instead of one love triangle (and I can almost bet you'll guess the pairings wrong the first time around LOL).

You know you have an awesome cast when one guy has four hilarious souls living in him (Aden), one girl is a super-sweet vampire princess (Victoria), another girl can sort of counteract Aden's ability in a way (Mary Ann), and another guy is a wicked hot werewolf bodyguard (Riley, I love you! ♥). Together they made the book even more enjoyable to read. 

Fast-paced, fun, and entertaining all the way through, Intertwined is a book that will have you laughing in one moment and almost crying in the next. I couldn't put it down, and I'm so excited to read the next installments in the series! 

BUY or BORROW?: If you're a lover of original paranormal fantasies, you should definitely add this to your collection! :)

-Mimi

8 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read this one for a while, especially because it's from a male POV. Have heard some great things and your review makes me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one is in my TBR pile ! I really need to read it ! It's nice that it was an original story. It's always so great to have something a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD! I'm excited to read this one :) It's sitting on my TBR shelf and I want to get to it soon! Great review Mimi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I loved the first 3/4 of this book, but the last 1/4 lost me...it felt like everything was resolved too easily. (I'm mean; I like my characters to suffer more...LOL)

    I've heard good things about the rest of the series, though, so perhaps I'll have to give it another try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize this book was so funny-definitely makes me more interested in the paranormal aspects. I'll admit the cover also didn't attract me so that's part of the reason I blipped over this book originally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor guy! He has two girls living inside him and a werewolf? Yikes. Talk about having an identity crises! I love funny characters, and you have me so intrigued about the romances. I'll have to add this one to my wishlist. Thanks, Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really cool I definitely need an original novel! I feel everything is the same old cliché plots and love triangles. I'll def. be checking this one out!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what intrigues me the most about this one? "Everyone thinks he's crazy..." lol I've had this one forever!!! I need to read it already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!