Sunday, October 02, 2011

Review: If I Die

Book: If I Die
Author: Rachel Vincent
Release Date: September 27, 2011
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Pages: 342
Source: bought from Chapters
Stars: 5/5
The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies. 

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.
(summary taken from Goodreads
MY THOUGHTS:

OH MY GOSH, I LOVED THIS BOOK! I'm a total fan girl I don't even know where to start! 

If I Die is book five in the Soul Screamers series (which is honestly one of my favourites of all time) and I still don't know how Rachel Vincent keeps making each one better! This one was definitely the best one yet!

I love everything about this series. It's intense and original and filled with so many twists that it could snap your neck. Plus, it's about bean sidhes (pronounced banshees), which is way cooler than you could guess! (Netherworld, hellions, and creepy plants galore...) 

Which brings me to Kaylee, who I can never stop admiring. She's snarky and strong and selfless and smart, even when facing imminent death. Her dad and Alec are awesome. Emma is crazy cool. Sabine can #$@#$#%. And I swear that Tod (the most amazing reaper in our world and the Nether) is honestly one of my biggest book crushes ever.  

(I don't know what it is, but super-sarcastic and swoon-tastic boys tend to steal my heart.)

If I Die was SO GOOD! It made me laugh and cry and want to rip my hair out. At one point, I swear my heart stopped beating it was that intense! If you haven't started this series, I send you with the highest recommendation to PICK IT UP RIGHT NOW. And then gush about it with me! :)

BUY or BORROW?: Honestly and truly and definitely and surely, you NEED to read these books! Buy it for sure! 

-Mimi

11 comments:

  1. I've yet to read any books in this series, but I've definitely been wanting to! The whole thing looks so good :) I don't wanna read your review for fear of spoilers though hahah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! It was amazing, wasn't it?! Ahh, I'm in love with Tod and this entire series! GREAT REVIEW!

    Hope you're having a beautiful Sunday, Mimi!


    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I have heard of this author but haven't read any of her books. But your review just may have convinced me to look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED to read this series! I love Rachel Vincent's Shifter series so I'm sure this one will be equally appealing. She just writes her characters so well and isn't afraid to throw her readers into emotional turmoil. Love it:) Book 1, get read to go on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an enthusiastic endorsement! I've had my eye on this series and it looks like I will have to pick it up soon and dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I haven't read these books yet. Going out to get them now. Great review Mimi. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love where this book went, too. Great review! I can't seem to get the "follow" feature to work, so I'm going to check back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had read this book's review at another blog as well and two good reviews definitely puts this on my must read list! great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What! Book five is already out. Doooood, I'm so fail on this series. I need to catch up. Your excitement over the books is contagious! Plus, I want to crush on TOD!

    Glad to hear you loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haen't read this series yet, but it sounds like a nice book ! I will add it to my wishlist, thanks for the great review. The cover is gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been hearing about this series, and I'm curious. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!