Thursday, July 21, 2011

Follow Friday #8

Hey there!

For those who don't know, Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by the super-duper awesome Parajunkee & Alison Can Read! It's a great way to meet new people and expand your list of friends over Blogger, and it's really easy to join, too! :)


All you have to do is:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read)
  2. (Required) Follow the featured blogger of the week. (We Fancy Books & A Novella's Tale)
  3. Put your blog name and URL in the Linky thing. 
  4. Grab the the button up there and place it in a post (so people can say hi in the comments!).
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just only a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs! Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI!"
  6. If someone comments and follows you, share the love! Follow them back ;)
  7. If you're new to the Follow Friday hop, comment and let Parajunkee & Alison know, so they can stop by and check out your blog! 
Q: Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with, just talking about their books or getting advice on writing from.

A: Only three? Well, that's really hard but I'll try my best! :)
  1. Cassandra Clare (author of The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices series): Because she's one of my favourite authors of all time and the way she creates her characters is amazing!
  2. Lauren DeStefano (author of The Chemical Garden series): Because she has probably the most beautiful and haunting prose I've ever read and I read a lot.
  3. Tahereh Mafi (author of Shatter Me): Because her blog is hilarious and I can't wait to read her first book when it comes out! Plus, she seems like an awesome person to chill with! 
What about you? What awesome authors would you like to have coffee with? :)

HAPPY FOLLOW FRIDAY! 

-Mimi

19 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Mortal Instruments series yet, but I want to so badly.

    ~Christy @ Love of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous author choices! Wasn't it so hard to pick just three?! It really is fabulous to meet any authors...they're like rock stars!

    New follower :-) Happy Friday!

    Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassandra Clare is a great choice! I just read and reviewed Clockwork Angel and I absolutely LOVED it! When I originally read CoB a couple years back I wasn't into it but after reading CA I figured I'd give it another try and I'm definitely liking it better the second time around! I'm a new follower! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Definitely agree about Cassandra Clare. I'd love to talk to her.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Cassandra Clare...how could anyone not like her!

    Happy Follow Friday!
    Just stopping by to say hi! I am new to this Follow Friday Fun but am looking forward to finding a bunch of new exciting blogs.

    New Follower

    www.angelsdemonsandvampires.com
    @BReadThanDead

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks-I'm also really excited for Shatter Me and love Tahereh's blog too!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. hopping by via friday meme's. so not familiar with any other the authors but have heard of two of the books mentioned.
    mine is http://sidnebkclubreviewez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good author choices :D SNAP on Cassandra Clare, and i love Tahereh! I've heard great things about Shatter Me and the cover's gorgeous!
    New follower as soon as the dang thing works, sometimes it disappears, does that happen for you too?
    Love the blog, and will be visiting soon!
    Imo :D
    http://omnom-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi,

    I'm a new follower from Parajunkee's Follow Friday.

    Char @ From the Shadows I Review

    http://shadowsireview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to pick Cassandra's brain! Great pick. Btw, I really love your blog design!

    New follower!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower :)

    Cassandra Clare would be interesting.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Cassandra Clare, she was one of my picks too!!
    Happy Firday!! New Follower!!

    http://makaylas-books-galore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! I chose Cassandra too! Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting and the follow back! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome sauce, love these authors! I've yet to read the Chemical Garden series, but I'm looking into it ^_^

    New follower from PJ's FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there new follower through PJ's #FF! Cassandra Clare didn't make my 3 author limit, but oh man do I love her work! Check out my answers at http://andinovelista.blogspot.com/2011/07/feature-follow_21.html#comments

    Love the look of your blog, btw.
    ~andi

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's odd and sort of sad almost, that I didn't think of Cassandra Clare, when I think that's she's one of the most amazing and talented ya author's out there today. Also, Lauren de Stefano, as well. Wither was so unique and I absolutely loved it or well, what I've read of it so far. :)

    Happy Friday Hops, have a grrreat weekend!
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Friday Hops (+) Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New follower! What a gorgeous blog! And FYI LOVE Cassandra Clare, I think I am going to like it here :)

    This is my first FF and what fun it is!

    Here's my choices:

    http://can-duu.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-follow-me-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of people want to meet Cassandra Clare even me!

    Thanks for dropping by @ We Fancy Books *waves*

    Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!