Friday, July 08, 2011

Follow Friday #6

Hey there, everyone!

For those who don't know, Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by the super-duper awesome Parajunkee! It's a great neat way to meet new people and expand your list of friends over Blogger, and it's really easy to join too! :)



All you have to do is:
  1. (Required) Follow Parajunkee at her awesome blog. 
  2. (Required) Follow the featured blogger of the week. (Read. Breathe. Relax.)
  3. Put your blog name and URL in the Linky thing. 
  4. Grab the the button from Parajunkee's blog and place it in a post (so people can say hi in the comments!).
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just only a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs! Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI!"
  6. If someone comments and follows you, share the love! Follow them back ;)
  7. If you're new to the Follow Friday hop, comment and let Parajunkee know, so she can stop by and check out your blog! 
Q: Let's step away from besties... What is the worst book you've ever read and actually finished?

A: The worst book that I've actually finished? Aww, well, I don't really want to be mean, but it just has to be The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein. I was forced to read it last year for English class for our final essay (and the fact that I was forced doesn't make me like it any more). I hated it. Not to offend any Lord of The Rings fans (sorry!), but The Hobbit was the most boring book!




What about you? What book did you really not like but actually finished? :) 

HAPPY FOLLOW FRIDAY! 

-Mimi

13 comments:

  1. Haha I'm thankful that all the books I had to read for English class were pretty interesting! Two years back we did To Kill A Mockingbird and last year we did Romeo and Juliet-they're both classics which I liked :D Or else I'd probably die of boredom too, I don't like being forced to read something!

    Old follower stopping by heh.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mind The Hobbit but I absolutely COULD NOT finish even the first of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I tried so hard after watching and loving the films, but I'm just not cut out for Tolkien, it seems!

    New follower!

    (My FF)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolkien is not everybodys cup of tea. The books are hard to get through. It took me three times before I could understand it and then finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I loved Lord of the Rings but somehow The Hobbit never caught my attention ^^U

    BTW, new follower here :D This is my FF: http://www.librarianmouse.com/2011/07/feature-follow-friday-3.html Feel free to pass by and have a look.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually enjoyed the Hobbit, but it could have been the way my Grandma would read it to me when I was younger. It did spark my interest in the Lord of the Rings when I was older and I enjoyed them.

    I really like your background.

    Here is my #FF: http://sarahsbookslife.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-by-parajunkee.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower visiting! :)

    I TRIED to read The Hobbit back in high school, just for fun, and I couldn't finish it. The funny thing is, I am the BIGGEST LOTR nerd EVER-- I've watched the movies a like a thousand times, but I just can't get into the books! I read the first one and was like, what the heck, this didn't happen in the movie! Lol, oh well...

    Feel free to stop by and see me sometime-- my FF post for this week is at the link below! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm Izzy, and I'm just stopping by on the follow train. It's nice to see another fellow teenage blogger :) I read The Hobbit a few years ago and actually liked it, but I can see how it can be boring and at times it was a bit of a drag to get through.

    Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

    PS: Your blog layout is so pretty :) Mine's all weird and messed up from the Blogspot change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel bad, I thought Lord of the Rings was much better than the Hobbit. New follower. My Follow Friday is up at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't like it too much either. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Feature & Follow My Book Blog Friday. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to read The Hobbit for class and absolutely hated it. I really just couldn't stand Bilbo :) And we had to watch the cartoon of it in class, which was even worse than the book. Maybe this new movie will be better? New follower! http://booklightgraveyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I liked the Hobbit but didn't love it. I definitely understand your issues.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't say The Hobbit was the worst book, but it definitely wasn't a favorite. Way too drawn out for me.

    New follower hopping by! :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there!
    I would have to agree with you!
    I've never read The Hobbit but it seems kinda boring :/
    I am a new follower now!
    Can't wait to read your posts!

    ~Grace
    http://pagingthroughlifewithgrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!