Monday, July 04, 2011

Review: Forgotten

Book: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Release Date: June 7, 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Pages: 288
Source: KPL
Stars: 4/5
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.
(summary taken from Goodreads
MY THOUGHTS:   

Forgotten is honestly unlike any other book I've read. Not just the premise about a girl who forgets everything that happens in her day at 4:33 a.m. every night, but also the whole mystery of the "visions" that London sees. The story is raw and haunting and beautiful. I love it!

At first, I was a little confused about the things that London remembered, but it was soon cleared up: London forgets the past and remembers the future. Basically, she can remember her future the same way we remember the past, and vice versa. Almost like a fortuneteller, as her awesome best friend Jamie sometimes teases her.

London is a super cute character who I absolutely adore, just like I'd adore a younger sister (even though London's slightly older than me). For a girl who has a memory unlike anyone else's, she's very well-grounded and easy to like!

And every time she sees Luke again "for the first time," I get the same giggles that it gives her. They're so sweet and perfect together that I find myself constantly smiling as if Luke is my boyfriend and he's saying those heart-melting things to me.

As beautiful as it is astonishing, Cat Patrick's Forgotten is more than just another cutesy YA novel. It has wonderful side characters, a strong but enthusiastic female lead, and several twists in the plot that I never would've expected. I really wish that there would be a sequel, but I'll take what I can get! 

BUY or BORROW?: This novel was extremely easy to devour, so it'd be a nice edition to my bookshelf. :)

-Mimi

6 comments:

  1. This does sound like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sidne : It is! :) You should definitely pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this one everywhere! The idea and concept behind it sounds so intriguing though, and I can't wait to try it out. Awww, I think that's great that London is such a cute character :) The way that she writes notes to herself reminds me a bit of the book The Marbury Lens. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @T.B. : London is absolutely adorable, and her story is amazing. You should definitely read this book! :) Thanks so much, Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this one too!

    London and Luke's first date is oh so romantic! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. @melannie : Agreed! London and Luke are so cute together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!