Friday, March 09, 2012

COVER LOVE: Deathly Cool Edition!

I'm pretty sure you all know by now that I'm addicted to eye-catching covers! x) Here are some deathly cool ones that I've been keeping my eye on lately:



Underworld by Meg Cabot
(Abandon Trilogy #2)
Release Date: May 28, 2012
Links: Goodreads | The Book Depository
| Amazon

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead.

Not this time.

But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.

Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.

But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.

And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.




Rift by Andrea Cremer
(Nightshade Prequel #1)
Release Date: August 7, 2012
Links: Goodreads | The Book Depository
| Amazon


Before Calla Tor, there was Ember Morrow...

Sixteen-year-old Lady Ember Morrow fulfills a family obligation by joining her friend Alistair in the Conatus Guard and begins training to help with the order’s true mission, to seek out and stop evildoers and their unnatural creations.
**This is the prequel to the ever-awesome Nightshade series! How can you not want to read this book?? If anyone knows how to write werewolves, it's Andrea Cremer! ;)




Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
Release Date: October 23, 2012
Links: Goodreads | The Book Depository
| Amazon

Audrey Whitticomb has nothing to fear. Her mother is the superhero Morning Star, the most deadly crime-fighter in the Twin Cities, so it’s hard for Audrey not to feel safe. That is, until she’s lured into the sweet night air by something human and not human—something with talons and teeth, and a wide, scarlet smile.

Now Audrey knows the truth: her mom doesn’t fight crime at night. She fights Harrowers—livid, merciless beings who were trapped Beneath eons ago. Yet some have managed to escape. And they want Audrey dead, just because of who she is: one of the Kin.

To survive, Audrey will need to sharpen the powers she has always had. When she gets close to someone, dark corners of the person’s memories become her own, and she sometimes even glimpses the future. If Audrey could only get close to Patrick Tigue, a powerful Harrower masquerading as human, she could use her Knowing to discover the Harrowers’ next move. But Leon, her mother’s bossy, infuriatingly attractive sidekick, has other ideas. Lately, he won’t let Audrey out of his sight.

When an unthinkable betrayal puts Minneapolis in terrible danger, Audrey discovers a wild, untamed power within herself. It may be the key to saving her herself, her family, and her city. Or it may be the force that destroys everything—and everyone—she loves.



And even though this kind of stands out against all the blue, it just got released yesterday so...

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
(Caster Chronicles #4)
Release Date: October 23, 2012
Links: Goodreads | The Book Depository
| Amazon




TA-DA! What do you think?? These are all authors I love: Meg Cabot, Andrea Cremer, Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl... and one new debut by Bethany Frenette about superheroes! If that doesn't spell awesome, I don't know what does! ;) 

What book are you most excited for?  

-Mimi

37 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful! I was going to list specific ones that appealed to me, but THEY ARE ALL AMAZING. I love staring at them. And I didn't know Cremer was releasing a prequel series?!? How cool is that. Maybe it'll be better than her Nightshade series... Hm.

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I didn't know there was a forth book in the Caster Chronicles!! I haven't read this serie yet, but my mum did and she likes it! :) How cool :) Thanks for sharing this Mimi! And I love the cover of Dark Stars, it looks gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I want Dark Star so badly! Where's the devil? I have a soul to offer. :D
    Not that it's bright and shiny, mind you, but certainly better than nothing. All I want in return is a chance to read Dark Star early. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Meg Cabot cover. I haven't read any of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the covers for Abandon and Underworld, I think those are gorgeous. Plus Greek mythology is one of my favorite things ever, so I'm partial to that series in general! I love the type treatment for the Caster Chronicles books, the lettering is just beautiful. I need all of these books. I need to hoard them and hug them and call them "my precioussssss". Win. Have a great weekend Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at the cover, I did not recognize that Rift was the Nightshade prequel; it's a very different style from the redesigned covers of the series and it doesn't really seem to fit. I will definitely want to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Underwold and Redemption cover. They are serious eye candy!
    Janiera @This is From my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so beautiful <3 Loving these covers. Thanks so much for sharing, Mimi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty covers! I LOVE the way the title font of Beautiful Redemption contrasts with the cover! And YAY for something by Meg Cabot! I lurve Meg Cabot! It's been a while since I've read anything by her! XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Dark Star cover! I just discovered that book yesterday but I love the sound of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm most excited for Dark Star. I really like the cover of Underworld.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister found dark star the other day and it looks soooo good! AWESOME covers Mimi!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ethan!!!! I love that Southern boy! I'm so excited about the fourth book and the TV series. LOL

    YA superheros! Awesome. That is something different to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh I didn't know the cover was out for Caster Chronicles. One of my fav series, Love Ethan and Link and Amma. I can't wait for that one. I like the Meg Cabot cover as well. Great picks Mimi! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of those covers, very pretty. I just bought Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer. It was on sale at Ollie's, but I need to pick up Nightshade so I can begin that series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover of Dark Star looks like a movie still from an action movie and the synopsis has got me so excited! How can you beat book about the daughter of a super hero??

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! Such awesome-looking covers and The Rift?! Not only is it GORGEOUS, but the prequel to Nightshade?! NEED. *pets* I'm now going GR stalking. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool looking1's
    but not that interested

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for book-cover love! I love all that blue ♥ I'm dying to read Andrea Cremer's new book (although I still have to finish reading her Nightshade series!), and I really like the cover. I haven't heard about Dark Star before, but now that I've read the summary it sounds interesting... And Beautiful Redemption! I love all those swirls in the title.

    Have a great weekend, Mimi! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mimi, you got some seriously COVER LOVE going on here, girlie. I totally am in love with this post. But, then again, you always manage to capture my attention with anything that you have on your blog. I think I'm the most excited and shivering with anticipation for Meg Cabot's Underworld and Kami Garcia's Beautiful Redemption. You know these are going to be some super fabulous books, dont'cha?! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Follow & Feature Hops!
    H A P P Y R E A D I N G ! ! !
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling Mimi, I enjoy your cover love posts so much because a. you have good taste b. I like shopping your shelves and c. I LOVE that they are all themed! DEADLY COOL is something I have a hard time resisting, and these are all awesome picks. :) Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't heard of a couple of these titles.

    xoxo

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am SO EXCITED for Underworld (since I've read Abandon and enjoyed it!), Rift (because I LOVE the Nightshade trilogy!) and ooo, Dark Stars' cover looks so AWESOME! Thank you for sharing this with us, Mimi! You always have the most awesome picks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with Wendy, I love your cover posts too! Themes, hooray! I really like the cover for Underworld. Even though I'm not as fanatic about Meg Cabot anymore, she still holds a special place in my heart. I don't really remember much about Abandon but I'm still excited for Underworld, haha. I haven't heard of Dark Star but it sounds AMAZING. Thanks for the heads up, Mimi! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. NOOOOO! *dies* I had like the longest comment ever written out and then I accidentally hit the backspace key. Oh well. I shall begin again...

    These covers are all so... intense. Deathly cool is the perfect term for it! :) Thanks for picking such awesome covers.

    I love just the overall feel of the Underworld cover. It'll look amazing next to Abandon and hopefully the third book too! I can't wait to start this series since I adored Meg Cabot when I was younger (doesn't everyone?). I've had it sitting on my shelf for the longest time and just never had the time to start. Hopefully I can get to it soon!

    I LOVE how fierce the cover model for Rift looks. I can see that even Calla's ancestors were strong, capable women :P Wowowow, you are so right. I love Andrea's werewolves with their rich history and mythology. It's all just so detailed and beautiful <3 Hopefully we'll get even MOARRR of that in Rift!

    Dark Staaaar! I'm so excited for this book :) I love the vibrant colours they've used on the cover and I'm totally excited for some superhero action.

    And ahhh, Beautiful Redemption! I totally missed this cover until just now and it's stunning. Of course, I've loved ALL of the covers for this series but it's nice to see this one doesn't disappoint. This is another series I've yet to begin although I've been wanting to get cracking on Beautiful Creatures for ages. Did you like it?

    Anyways, magnificent cover choices as always, Mimi! :)

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Replies
    1. YES!! Oh my gosh, Sonia, you are too awesome for words!!! :') ♥

      I'm going to go stalk you for your email now so I can write you the longest comment-on-a-comment you'll ever read! ;)

      Delete
  26. Rift looks amazing! Some new books wich sound awesome! thanks for sharing mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I always love your picks, Mimi! You have such amazing taste of book cover, and I always enjoy your theme! This is my first time seeing Dark Star cover. I love the cover, how the girl seems to stand on the glass wall and there is city background ahead of her. Very futuristic! LOL <3

    I always enjoy this weekly post, Mimi! Please don't stop to amaze me with stunning covers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ember looks SO badass on the cover of Rift! I like this girl already :D FIERCE <3 I am sooo excited for Dark Star! It visually looks crazy cool awesome and... SUEPRHEROES!!!

    And oh my gosh. The way Beautiful Chaos ended... I NEED Beautiful Redemption already!! The title name gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the cover for Underworld! I haven't read the first book yet even though I have a copy - must get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Mimi! Thank you for showing off these beautiful covers. I don't know that I would have sought them out on my own - now here in your post I can drool over them. :D I hadn't heard of Dark Star, but it has DEFINITELY been added to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, they are all absolutely gorgeous! I've always loved Meg Cabot's covers! <3 You have great cover taste! I've given you 2 awards ^_^

    http://vivaciously-vivian.blogspot.com/2012/03/awards-for-vivi-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Asdfghjkl. ALL THE COVERS ARE JUST SO GORGEOUS. I especially love the covers for Underworld and Dark Star. :) They're absolutely stunning. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these kinds of posts after this one--fabulous selections, Mimi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are all so beautiful! Especially Beautiful Redemption - I love the green! It's my favourite colour! I'm a new follower, brilliant blog! I would love if you would follow my blog back, just if you want to! Thanks :)

    http://booksterreviews-cliona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. ALL are soooo GORGEOUS!!! I hadn't even heard of Dark Star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You? Addicted to eye-catching covers? Huh? Never :D
    Oh my goodness, I NEED DARK STAR!

    AND BEAUTIFUL REDEMPTION! I actually really like the cover. I have a feeling the green won't quite so in-your-face when it's printed, and I LOVE the photo they've used more than any of the others so far.

    SQUEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Dark Star looks really good. I am not that fond of the Beautiful Redemption cover, don't like the color of the title.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!