Friday, February 17, 2012

COVER LOVE: Out of This World Edition!

I've always wanted to go into outer space, and these covers kind of remind me why! Here are some upcoming titles that have a sort of otherworldly feel to their covers! :)



Gravity by Melissa West
(The Taking #1)
Release Date: October 2012

In the future, only one rule will matter: Don’t. Ever. Peek.

Seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander just broke that rule and saw the last person she expected hovering above her bed--arrogant Jackson Locke, the most popular boy in her school. She expects instant execution or some kind of freak alien punishment, but instead, Jackson issues a challenge: help him, or everyone on Earth will die.

Ari knows she should report him, but everything about Jackson makes her question what she’s been taught about his kind. And against her instincts, she’s falling for him. But Ari isn’t just any girl, and Jackson wants more than her attention. She’s a military legacy who’s been trained by her father and exposed to war strategies and societal information no one can know--especially an alien spy, like Jackson. Giving Jackson the information he needs will betray her father and her country, but keeping silent will start a war.




For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Release Date: June 12, 2012

Generations ago, a genetic experiment gone wrong—the Reduction—decimated humanity, giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.

Eighteen-year-old Luddite Elliot North has always known her place in this caste system. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family’s estate over love. But now the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jumpstarting the wheel of progress and threatening Luddite control; Elliot’s estate is floundering; and she’s forced to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentforth—an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliott wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she abandoned him.

But Elliot soon discovers her childhood friend carries a secret—-one that could change the society in which they live…or bring it to its knees. And again, she’s faced with a choice: cling to what she’s been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she’s ever loved, even if she has lost him forever.

Inspired by Jane Austen’s PERSUASION, FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS is a breathtaking romance about opening your mind to the future and your heart to the one person you know can break it.




Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
(Glitch #1)
Release Date: August 7, 2012

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.




Aren't all those covers STUNNING? I've never really read much of sci-fi sort of books before, but I have a feeling that these books are going to change that! ;) I found Gravity over at Sam's blog recently and fell in love with the synopsis immediately. And For Darkness Shows the Stars and Glitch are both books I've been craving for a while now! :)

What book are you most excited for?  

-Mimi

29 comments:

  1. OMG. THEY'RE GORGEOUS <33333 I really like the cover of Gravity! It looks so simple from afar, but when you look at it closely, it really suits the blurb :D Glitch and For Darkness Shows the Stars have BEAUTIFUL covers too! <3 Eeeeee!! I NEED THOSE PRETTIES ON MY SHELF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all pretty but I like the middle one the best. YA book covers are really something to see. The majority of them are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, Mimi! I have always wanted to go to outer space, too! There's just something about it that is so magical. :D Great picks! These books are ALL high up on my want-list and they are all so gorgeous! Covers like these really do make you want to read more sci-fi.

    Awesome post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTIES!! I'm looking forward to Glitch in particular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those covers Mimi! They all sound great too, I can't wait to read them. You have the best book taste EVER, I think I've found all my latest reads from you - so thank you! Have a great weekend! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Wow. I knew about For Darkness Show the Stars and Glitch before (both of which sound AMAZING), but, uh, Gravity? That cover is STUNNING, but the BLURB! Is it not the most cryptic, tantalising thing you've ever read? want want waaaannnt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of GRAVITY, but that cover is SO GOOD. I love the covers of the other too as well. Great picks, Mimi :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. MUST HAVE ALL OF THEM! So pretty:) Young Adult covers are just stunning, I love how much thought and time are put into them because really, they're key in my decision making. I know they shouldn't be, but look at those beauties! I don't even need to read the blurbs to know I want them:) Happy Friday Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of blues and purples! Personally I'm most excited for For Darkness Shows the Stars because it's an Austen retelling and I have such a weakness for those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely!! I cant wait for these releaes! thnx so much for sharing them my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! Those covers are gorgeous! I love them. Okay, I keep telling myself I'm not into Sci-Fi, but I think these books are going to change my mind about that genre.

    Gravity sounds a bit like The Terminator... well only in the fact that Ari is a military legacy like John Conner. How awesome is that? Thanks for making me so excited about these, Mimi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those covers are fantastic. All three books look like great reads. Thanks for sharing Mimi! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw Gravity on Sam's blog and stared at it for like 10 minutes. Or more. No, it was 10 minutes tops. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    As for the other two, For Darkness Shows the Stars looks A-MAZING! And I love the title. *adds to tbr*
    I love you, Mimi, but my poor tbr suffers because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All these books sound super interesting and I've always been fascinated by the idea of space! They're so far away though. I hope they'll be as good as their summaries make them out to be. Thanks for sharing, Mimi! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh! All these books look wonderful! Especially Glitch :) I adore the cover of For Darkness Shows the Stars! It's so elegant!

    This post isn't helping me from my book addiction at all! LOL! It's torment that I cannot purchase these books now! <33

    P.S. I book tagged you!
    http://jessiraelloyd.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tag.html
    You don't have to do it if you don't want to or if you already did it :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all gorgeous covers!! I particularly adore Glitch's cover because of the pink. Great choices, Mimi :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. SOOO GORGEOUS!!! I want to reach through and stroke each one of them lovingly <3 Not to menion they all sound FREAKING amazing. I haven't read as many as I'd like to, but I kinda love all things sci-fi so I am counting down release for all of these inceredible books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore the cover of For Darkness Show The Stars! I've been seeing it popping up all over the place and am so excited to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are teasing me with these covers. I can't buy a single YA book here in Curacao and I feel sad about it. Oh well, what to do. I am going to read lots and lots when I'm back. I'm so looking forward buying these lovely books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH MY GOSH, I ADORE ALL THESE COVERS. I have heard of Gravity but not For Darkness Show The Stars! MUST MUST ADD THEM TO MY TBR! Thank you for sharing this with us, Mimi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh you're si right, they're just awesome! I didn't know gravity but I love it! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glitch sounds so interesting! But you're right, all of those covers are out of this world! I love Young Adult covers, always so pretty!

    You've been Book Tagged! Follow the link for further intsructions

    Book Tagged

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh yes, they are all super gorgeous! Seriously... And they sound SO good. o.o I'm not usually like too much sci-fi in my books, but these sounds like something I'd still enjoy! Now I have to add to my wishlist, lol. *excited*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are some super stunning covers that you are featuring there, Mimi. And they're all from books that I am dying to read! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Don't forget to enter my DRAGONSWOOD GIVEAWAY!
    Follow Friday Hops!
    H A P P Y R E A D I N G & H O P P I N G
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the first cover best. I would so love to design books covers, because I am a photoshop freak. Someone suggested that I start designing the cover to the book I am writing, as a way of motivating me to write. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love the cover of For Darkness Shows the Stars! I mean, the starry night sky is just beyond awesome! I'd love to read others from this post too, the blurb is amazing! Can't wait until their release date! <3

    Awesome post like always, Mimi! I love it that you feature sci-fi YA! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!