Friday, February 03, 2012

COVER LOVE: Awesome Authors Edition!

It always makes me sad when a series I love comes to an end... but then it makes me happy again when I figure out that the author who wrote it is writing another book! :) Here are a few upcoming novels that are written by authors I've loved in the past!

-x-

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
(Raven Cycle #1) 
Release Date: September 18, 2012
Filled with mystery, romance, and the supernatural, The Raven Boys introduces readers to Richard “Dick” Campbell Gansey, III and Blue Sargent. Gansey has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on the hunt to find Glendower, a vanished Welsh king. Legend has it that the first person to find him will be granted a wish—either by seeing him open his eyes, or by cutting out his heart.

Blue Sargent, the daughter of the town psychic in Henrietta, Virginia, has been told for as long as she can remember that if she ever kisses her true love, he will die. But she is too practical to believe in things like true love. Her policy is to stay away from the rich boys at the prestigious Aglionby Academy. The boys there—known as Raven Boys—can only mean trouble. When Gansey and his Raven Boy friends come into her life, Blue realizes how true this is. She never thought her fortune would be a problem. But she was wrong.


(summary taken from Goodreads)
Why I'm excited: It's MAGGIE STIEFVATER. Super-author of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series and The Scorpio Races. Lyrical writer extraordinaire. Need I say more?? x)

-x-
Revived by Cat Patrick
Release Date: May 8, 2012
As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.

A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency’s true goals, she realizes she’s at the center of something much larger — and more sinister — than she ever imagined.


(summary taken from Goodreads)
Why I'm excited: Cat Patrick's debut novel, Forgotten, was one of the sweetest and most original books I've ever read, and this one sounds like that too! ;)

-x-

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
(Blood of Eden #1) 
Release Date: April 24, 2012
You will kill. The only question is when.

In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive.

Unregistered humans cling to fringes, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire.

Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.


(summary taken from Goodreads)
Why I'm excited: To be completely honest, the cover for this book terrifies me! x)  But Julie Kagawa is one of my favourite authors of all time (after writing The Iron Fey series), so I know that this book is going to be amazing no matter what! :)

-x-

Don't you just love it when authors you love never stop writing? :) Are there any other authors you wish will write books forever? 

What book are you most excited for?  

-Mimi

23 comments:

  1. All of these covers are kind of creepy-I mean, giant bird, eye staring at me and then the last one has blood dripping out of her eye! Personally I prefer pretty dresses for covers although the summaries for all of these books sound AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very curious about immortal, it's interesting to discover a new series like that. I didn't know the other but they sounds pretty good too. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOVE thenew Maggie cover! She's so great with her covers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These covers are all so lovely but I think I like Revived the most! Can't wait for that one and The Immortal Rules especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first cover. I haven't read the author yet but I do want to. That first cover puts me in the mind of The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie Stiefvater. Cat Patrick. JULIE KAGAWA. Holy sweet Jesus, Mimi, I think I might pass out from excitement!!!!!! I love each and every one of those authors too! Now I'll be pining for all three of them until they come out! I love you like crazy, Mimi-Doll, but you seriously make my mediocre funds disappear before they even make their debut! :P <333333333333333

    ReplyDelete
  7. *dies from all the amazingness* LOVE THESE! I had no idea Maggie was coming out with a new series, that book is going immediately on my list! And I'm nearly dying in the wait for Immortal Rules. Thanks for posting these Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so super excited for Julie Kagawa's new book!! AAAAAAAAAAA I could scream! :) :) If it will be good as the Iron Fey serie, woow, it will be AMAZING! Can't wait :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome indeed!!

    I'm still looking for a Maggie book I love as much as I love Shiver, but the idea of ravens is whetting my appetite. :) Love your other picks too, Miss Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I'm glad you liked the Q&A! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so didn't know about The Raven Boys! Thanks, Mimi! I adore Maggie's books, and this one goes straight to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fantastic is the cover of Revived? Designers really are geniuses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm dying for all three books . . . especially The Raven Boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait a second. Maggie Stiefvater has a new book coming out? Huh. Missed that one. Lol. I'm always willing to give her books a try because I love her (like you said) lyrical writing style, but the stories themselves tend to be a little hit or miss for me. I really liked Lament, but The Wolves of Mercy Falls series felt a little mediocre to me. Haven't read Ballad or The Scorpio Races yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! DYING for all three of these because 1) I absolutely LOVE each authors previous works and 2) THEY SOUND FREAKING AMAZING.

    YES, I love when my favourite authors keep writing and it saves me from having to hunt them down and forcefully make them write 100 more stories for my sheer entertainment. Hmmm, I wonder if Julie can put us in the right direction of turning a few authors into vampires? Craving for blood aside, at least they'll live forever and forever is a long time for publishing nommy books :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I'M DYINGGG FOR ALL OF THESE BOOKS <3333
    THE IMMORTAL RULES ESPECIALLY :DDDDD (Anything by Julie Kagawa is a MUST-READ! The cover is soooo awesome as well! So creepy :S) And wow, Revived sounds SO amazing<3 I haven't read Forgotten yet, but I've heard FANTASTIC things about it! Must get to it sometime :D
    As for Raven Boys, IT SOUNDS SO COOL! I haven't read ANY of Maggie's books before (yes, shameful, I know!), but I know for a fact that her books are FABULOUS<3 Definitely looking forward to this one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously I just CAN'T WAIT for Revived and The Immortal Rules!! They're not only gorgeous, but sounds SOOO good. I want. I need!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so thrilled for all three of these books!!!!! GREAT choices chick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These covers are all so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I might die while waiting for The Raven Boys to come out. My heart skips a beat every time I see that cover. Thanks for posting! Stiefvater is my author soul mate, I loved loved loved every single one of her books. I just know I'll love this too.
    Also, I've been informed that The Immortal Rules WILL show up on Netgalley eventually, if they haven't already. I haven't checked. I'm very excited about it.
    Mwah!
    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!