Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: Where She Went

Book: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Release Date: April 5, 2011
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Pages: 264
Source: bought from Chapters
Stars: 5/5
It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. 
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.
 (summary taken from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS: 

What can I say about this book except that I loved it just as much as If I Stay, if not more? Ever since I found out that there would be a sequel to the novel that won the award for the "Book That Made Mimi Cry Like a Baby" of the year, I had to run off to the bookstore in the first week it came out. And needless to say, I was not disappointed! 

Told from Adam's point of view, Where She Went still has the beautiful prose similar to the first book. That they're both musicians may have a play in that, or maybe it's because Forman is an absolute genius at creating characters that are impossible to hate. 

Everything they feel, you feel. When they cry, you cry. When you get even a taste of how much Adam loves Mia, you melt into a puddle and fear that you will never be able to be put together again.

I don't want to spoil this for anyone who hasn't read the book yet, but I'll tell you this: I loved it. Every little piece of it, I loved. Not unlike the first book, the little bits and pieces of the past thrown in perfectly have a large impact on the present. You'll find yourself falling for Adam all over again. 

You will love Where She Went guaranteed! If you haven't read this amazing duo of touching books yet, then I recommend you start! Gayle Forman has a talent for crafting the most amazing stories. 

BUY or BORROW?: Buy it! Buy it! Not only is the cover beautiful, but this is a book that you'll want to read again after a terrible break-up :) 

-Mimi

1 comment:

  1. What a great review! I love this book. My friend called me while I was reading it and she got stuck listening to me ramble about how sad and amazing it is. Yeah, tears during this one. *happy sigh* I should reread it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!