Friday, May 13, 2011

Review: If I Stay

Book: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Release Date: April 9, 2009
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Pages: 196
Source: bought from Chapters
Stars: 5/5
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck... 

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.
(summary quoted from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS: 

I can't even express how much I loved this book! It's just one of those stories you can't put down once you start and can't stop thinking about once you finish. Mia's story is absolutely incredible and touching and so sad that I cried several times.

Forman creates the novel beautifully, following Mia through one miraculous day where she has to decide whether she wants to stay alive or not after a terrible accident that takes out her family. Mia is such a strong and amazing character that I adore from beginning to end.

And I loved Adam cool, rocker boyfriend Adam who does everything in his power to get himself into the Extensive Care section of the hospital where Mia's body lies. He may be far from perfect, but every moment that we see him through Mia's eyes makes us fall for him too.

Beautifully written and crafted, a perfect mixture of the present and memories of the past, If I Stay is definitely a book that I recommend to everyone! Five out of five stars, no question about it!

BUY or BORROW?: Buy it! I've re-read this book twice already and it never fails to make me cry! 

-Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!