Friday, May 20, 2011

Review: The Secret Circle #3-4

Book: The Secret Circle #3-4 (The Captive Part II and The Power)
Author: L.J. Smith
Release Date: January 1, 2009
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 390
Source: borrowed from Lexie
Stars: 4/5
CAUGHT IN THE STRUGGLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL...
Cassie has joined the most alluring and deadly in-crowd imaginable. But power comes with a price, and it's more dangerous than she knows. Torn between the dueling desires of the two leaders of the Secret Circle, she must ultimately choose between saving all of the New Salem, and her own dangerous love for bewitching Adam, which threatens to tear the circle apart. In the ultimate battle between good and evil, will Cassie's supernatural powers be strong enough to lead the coven out of danger? Or will she fall prey to the dark forces within?
...WILL SHE SACRIFICE HER LOVE FOR THE CIRCLE TO SURVIVE? 
(summary taken from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS: 

After reading the first book in one sitting, I just had to get my hands on the second!

And I actually like the second book better, mostly because you can definitely see the changes in Cassie from the once-timid outcast to the leader. She's intelligent and thinks things more clearly, and it's so much easier to read a book when the protagonist is the least bit likable.

And my book-crush on Nick continues. Honestly, how could you not love him? He's hot and thoughtful and protective, too. He's the budding image of my future husband!

The only thing I really wish was that the characters would break out of their box-shaped shells. As enjoyable as this book was to read, I could see the ending from a mile away and I'm the type of person who likes gut-wrenching surprises!

Still, the Secret Circle # 3-4 was a the perfect ending to an adorable series. If you loved any of Smith's other novels, then I'm positive that you'll like this one!

BUY or BORROW?: This book is so easy to read that I would love to have on my bookshelf! :)

-Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!