Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Favourites Books of 2011!

I know I'm a little late considering everyone already posted their lists, but I just didn't want to miss the chance to showcase my favourite books of 2011! :) Since there were so many amazing books in 2011, it was kind of hard to narrow down! But here are 10 that I loved, in no particular order:





1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
This book was absolutely PERFECT I loved everything about it! It made me laugh and cry and want to tear some hair out... which makes up the perfect book, I think! ;)

2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
I fell in love with the cover for this book first, but the way Lauren DeStefano writes is just so beautiful! I'd add Fever to this list too, but technically it's a 2012 book so I'll wait. x)

3. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
This is one of those books that I adored the first time around, but absolutely loved the second time I read it! One of my fave angel books ever! 

4. Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson
Oh my gosh, I don't even think I can tell you how much I love love LOVED this book!! It was just so sweet and romantic and action-packed... definitely a favourite!

5. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
I think I liked this book much more than the first book of VA! (Crazy, right??) Maybe it's because I'm more Team Adrian than Dimitri. x) 

6. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Loooooooved this book! It was such a beautiful and original concept with the killer water horses, and the characters managed to stick with me for a long time. :)

7. If I Die by Rachel Vincent
TEAM TOD. <-- Can I leave it at that? x) Rachel Vincent is one of my favourite authors of all time and I think this book was my favourite of hers, next to Reaper! :) 

8. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Even if I hadn't read this during my dystopian phase, I think I still would've loved it! Tris was such a strong character, and Four nearly topped my list of Boys I Wish Were Real!

9. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
If I Stay was one of the most heartbreaking, tear-jerking, and incredibly touching books I've ever read, and this book was equally amazing. It was beautiful to the nth degree!

10. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Another book that broke my heart! The Iron Fey series will forever be one of my favourites, and this third book gave me another reason why!

Those are only some of the books that I enjoyed this year there are so many! I also loved Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and a whole bunch of other amazing reads! :)

2011 was such an awesome year because I just joined the blogosphere (which makes me SUPER INCREDIBLY glad)! I've met so many awesome people, found out about so many awesome books, and prepared myself for so many more awesome things to happen in 2012!

What are some of your favourite books of 2011? :)

-Mimi

19 comments:

  1. Great list. Some of these are my favorite as well and some of the others I still need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo you've got some great ones on here Mimi! Definitely some of my favorites as well! I need to read Hunting Lila and Bloodlines still, and Clockwork Prince (yikes! Why haven't I read that yet?), so I can't wait to get to those:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that all your fave picks are my faves as well from 2011! =D
    Happy Reading~
    -★Wendy★
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty covers...hope that 2012 is just as good, if not better, for your reading! I am so happy that you've joined the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divergent! Yes, yes. It most definitely fits this list. Oh and I'm finally, FINALLY reading Clockwork Prince. I'm dreading the ending though o: *scared* As for the rest, they're all on my to-read pile. So I guess I better get to it then, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Divergent and Where She Went, but I loved those. The others that are standalones or the first in a series are all on my wishlist. As for Clockwork Prince, If I Die and Iron Queen, they're all series I've heard good things about, but for some reason I'm not motivated to read them - probably because I have a lot of books to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi, half of your favorites list is mine, too! Especially Clockwork Prince, which I agree is practically perfect. *sigh* I love your list, and you know what they say...better late than never. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't you just LOVE SWS? I did! I read it three times in quick succession. I couldn't get enough of my Mia and Adam.

    I still need to read a few of those books on my favorites list. Especially CP. I miss Will. Too bad my sister is hogging that book from me. I might have to buy another copy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mimi we seriously have the same taste!! :) :) How cool is that :D yeeey :) Great pick darling :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read two of these (cringe). I know, I know, I need to get on that. Does it count that I own four of the other ones? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only read two of these books (five if you include your honourable mentions!) but I have three of those books on my TBR! I think I may actually just start the Vampire Academy series now or maybe the Iron Fey? I just couldn't get through the first Iron Fey book because it was annoying me but I heard it gets better so I do want to stick it out! I hope awesome things are going to happen for you in 2012 too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a list! Ah! I have half of these at home, waiting to read, and I just ordered Divergent yesterday! SO excited to get my hands on it!

    Also... I'm SO jealous of the girl's hair on Where She Went. SO LONG and straight. *grumble grumble*

    AMAZING list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. UNEARTHLY!! EEK!! I so have to get to reading the Iron Fey series. Wow I feel so out of the loop! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with SOOO many of your choices--the others I just haven't read yet :) I think Scorpio Races was my favorite this year, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Divergent, the Iron Queen, Where She Went and Unearthly! Anna Dressed in Blood was awesome too! Love your llst, Mimi :D

    Besides the ones you mentioned, I'd probably add Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma on my own list and Vanish by Sophie Jordan. :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. I purposefully didn't do one of these lists because it would be impossible to pick! Every one of your books is on my TBR except for Divergent so I'm glad to know they're going to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL when I think I obly read one of your best books, I'm so late, I really need to read yours. But don't worry I have a lot of your books in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful choices, Mimi! I've read about half of those and agree, and I think the rest are all on my TBR...good to know they'll be worth the time! :)

    Divergent is probably my top pick for 2011 - I read it twice, in fact, it was so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great list, Mimi! I loved Divergent and Clockwork Prince especially, so I am glad they made your favorites! :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!