Friday, January 20, 2012

COVER LOVE: Gorgeous Gowns Edition!

I think that pretty dresses on covers is starting to become a trend... and I love it! (Although it always makes me wish I could find them in stores LOL). Here are some of the covers with the coolest summaries and the most gorgeous gowns! :)

(Click on titles for links to Goodreads)

Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
(Soul Screamers #6) 
Release Date: June 22, 2012

Summary: Not available yet.

Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
Release Date: May 29, 2012

Summary: This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....

Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J. A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.


Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
Release Date: May 8, 2012

Summary: It isn’t easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true. 

When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.

The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past—and hers?

 
Arise by Tara Hudson
(Hereafter #2)
Release Date: June 5, 2012

Summary: Amelia—still caught between life and death—must fight for every moment of her relationship with the human boy Joshua. They can hardly even kiss without Amelia accidentally dematerializing. Looking for answers, they go to visit some of Joshua’s Seer relatives in New Orleans. But even in a city so famously steeped in the supernatural, Amelia ends up with more questions than answers…and becomes increasingly convinced that she and Joshua can never have a future together.

Wandering through the French Quarter, Amelia meets other in-between ghosts, and begins to seriously consider joining them. And then she meets Gabrielle. Somehow, against impossible odds, Gaby has found a way to live a sort of half-life...a half-life for which Amelia would pay any price. Torn between two worlds, Amelia must choose carefully, before the evil spirits of the netherworld choose for her.


~♥~

Aren't they all just GORGEOUS? Kind of makes me wish we were back in the Victorian days when everyone wore dresses everywhere... although I'd probably miss jeans too much anyways! x) 

What book are you most excited for? 

-Mimi

24 comments:

  1. MIMIIIIIIIII!! <3 OMG, if you somehow find a time machine to go back to Victorian times, please take me with you! I'm a TOTAL dress person and wearing them every day without having to worry about people thinking I'm insane would be the coolest thing of life! :P

    I'd probably have to say that I'm most excited for Before I Wake, but only because you got me into those books and made me a TEAM TOD gal by astronomical units! ;) But HOLY HELL, all of those covers... <3333333333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah!!! Look at all these gorgeous covers!!!!! So sad that I haven't read the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent but I realy really want to! I really really love Enchanted's cover + summary! Makes me really dying to read it!! Thank you so much for sharing this, Mimi!! <3

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha there are so many beautiful dresses on covers! I want to rip them off the girls and try them on myself, even though I'm really the dress-wearing kind of girl :D

    I am especially excited to read Darkness Before Dawn and Arise!! Also, isn't the dress on the cover of The Selection SO gorgeous?! Le sigh. *rip rip rip* Oh pff, there's like a hundred more copies of that dress on the cover. She won't miss one :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why must they make the covers so beautiful? I just hope the stories live up to the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAAANNNNTTT! Darkness Before Dawn is my favorite because it'so pretty and dark at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darkness Before Dawn looks beautiful! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're highlighting exactly the kinds of covers I love-I'm most excited about Arise since I enjoyed the first book quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHHHH! SO PRETTY MIMI! I'm in love with all of these:) No matter how many times a book cover features a girl in a pretty dress, I just never get tired of them. They always make me want to pick them up and read them. So excited for Arise and Darkness Before Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darkness Before Dawn has such a creepy and totally beautiful cover. I think it's kind of cool that one was written by a mother and son.

    I REALLY love the cover for Enchanted, and who does love a good prince?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these covers too!!! I'm really excited about Enchanted, I'm getting that one soon!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like pretty dresses on covers! Dresses all the way, I hate wearing pants. I'm excited for Enchanted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those covers are beautiful and mysterious. I love the pink one and the firs black one. It'd be cool to dress up in one of them and go to a ball or something.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though I haven't read the Hereafter books, I just adore the cover of Arise. Darkness Before Dawn is gorgeous too but it kinda reminds me of Fallen by Lauren Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I hadn't seen the cover for Arise yet! I do tend to love the fabulous gowns on covers but I think maybe it's getting old? I don't know. Maybe not cause I guess I am still loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these covers are just awesome I agree, Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to walk around in dresses like that! Great picks, Mimi. They are all gorgeous. :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! They sure are gorgeous. Love them all! I'm trying to decide my favorite, but it's so hard. o: Hmmm... I did fall quite badly for the Arise one! So gorgeousss... Speaking of, I don't think I've heard about it so off to Goodreads I go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I think my favorite one is the one from Enchanted, though that color would look horrible on me. I'm too pale! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never heard of Darkness Before Dawn before, but I want it so badly! Awesome post, Mimi.

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  20. such beautiful dresses! I totally want them! specially the one from Darkness Before Dawn and Enchanted! cant wait for that book to come out holy cow!!!!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of these covers are so beautiful. I really like them all & can't choose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, beautiful choices! I hadn't seen the Arise cover before but WOW - I love it! Enchanted looks so pretty too, I'm going to have to check it out, I hadn't heard of it before this. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some gorgeous covers Mimi. I am looking forward to Soul Screamers, since I am doing the Soul Screamer challenge. Arise cover is lovely. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful covers! Love your choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!