Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Books Whose Titles or Covers Made Me Buy It


Today I decided to participate in Top Ten Tuesday! It's a meme hosted by the awesome girls at The Broke and the Bookish, where they post a different Top Ten list each week and we list our corresponding books! :)

This week's list is:

Top Ten Books Whose Titles of Covers Made Me Buy It
  1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano : One of my favourite covers ever!
  2. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand : I actually read this book from the library first, but then I bought it because I loved it so much and the beautiful cover was a plus! 
  3. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh : I don't know what it was about this one, but when I saw it sitting on the shelf in stores, I just had to buy it!
  4. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa : All covers in this series are so pretty! I actually saw the second book, The Iron Daughter, first and read it before I realized it was a second book LOL.
  5. If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman : Both of the new covers are gorgeous!
  6. Matched by Ally Condie : I know I can't be the only one who looked at this cover and thought "I want that on my bookshelf!"
  7. Firelight by Sophie Jordan : I just love this cover! It's so simple and beautiful, and I especially love the scales around the eye!
  8. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer : I honestly love the old colours so much more because they're what first caught me attention! Pretty pastel colours? Yes please! 
  9. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor : I have a thing for pretty masks, and I've only heard amazing things about this book. Those two things usually are a good sign!
  10. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr : You have to admit that all of the covers in this series are so enchanting!
And that's my list! And I know it's petty to judge a book by it's cover, but it's NOT like I completely avoid a book just because it doesn't have a cover I like. Pretty covers only attract my attention more. :)

Plus, it's totally okay with all of the books I listed because they each lived up to their gorgeous covers!

WHAT'S YOUR TOP TEN? 

-Mimi 

P.S. You can still enter the first giveaway and second giveaway in my Autumn BookFest if you haven't already! :)

9 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous covers! I have Wither on my list too, and I had a hard time narrowing it down to just ten.

    My Top Ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I didn't like the cover for Nevermore, but YES to all the others. I love book covers and if they are gorgeous, I'm totally sold on looks alone, biggest example for me is hush, hush. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've heard of a few of your books but can't recall the book covers to know if i would of purchased them based on bookcover, most are not my genre so I might not have.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wither is one of the books I first became interested in due to the cover-so beautiful and I'm so happy to own a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wither is probably my favorite cover as well. Too bad I can't use it for my list, since I didn't buy it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list! Unearthly and Firelight are on my To Read list, and I love their covers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wither certainly has an awesome cover. And I love the cover of Matched as well. Hmm, I'm thinking I should participate in the top ten posts soon... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice list! have you seen Amy Plum's Die for me cover?? I think you would buy that too! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME list chick!!! I haven't read Unearthly yet!!! :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!