Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Lola and the Boy Next Door

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by the awesome Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephenie Perkins
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


(summary taken from Goodreads
Release Date: September 29, 2011 

When I picked up the first novel by Stephenie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss (read my review here), I didn't expect to like it that much but it ended up being my favourite contemporary novel of the year! I can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door, especially knowing that Anna and St. Clair make cameo appearances!

And the synopsis sounds adorable! Waiting for a book like this is the only time I'll say that I want September to come faster take that, school! ;)

WHAT BOOK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?  
-Mimi

P.S.: Don't forget to enter my 100 Followers Giveaway if you haven't already! All you have to do is be a follower and it's international! :)

15 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog layout!

    Also I have been thinking about this book all week! Can't wait for it to come out. I really loved Anna and the French Kiss, and while I know this isn't romance in Paris, Stephanie really knows how to make a girl fall in love!

    for my wow go to: http://piscesmuse.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/waiting-on-wednesday-fury-by-elizabeth-miles/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Old follower here :D

    I'm really looking forward to this one too!

    -Kate
    My WoW can be found: http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one either. I loved Anna and the French Kiss! Happy Reading
    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader
    My WoW: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola and the boy next door has been on my wishlist for a long time. The minute it gets on the bookshelves, I'm grabbing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like everyone's looking forward to this-including me! So jealous of the bloggers who got ARCs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should really read Anna soon! A lot of people are waiting on this book! It looks really good! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layout by the way! New follower as well!

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't think Anna sounded that great, but everyone is saying it's their favorite now. I must get it! And then read Lola, of course. :) Great pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick, I can't wait for this book! I loved Anna and the French Kiss and I've been hearing so many good things about this one.

    My WoW: The Reading Geek

    Also new follower

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Anna, but I have only heard awesome things about Anna and Lola. I love the color of Lola's hair :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally, someone else who hasn't read it yet! It seems like every other blogger has a copy. I haven't read Anna yet either but I've heard great things.

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to reading this one too! I want purple hair like that. Great pick this week! You can check out my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Anna and the French Kiss and I hope this one is just as good! Great choice :)

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, I'm super excited for this book to be released, because I know it's going to be so much fun to read. I'm in the process of re-organizing my beside "tbr" pile at the moment and I'm thinking I'll be adding Anna and the French Kiss to that pile. ;)

    Happy Reading, Guys! ;)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Teaser Tuesday & My WoW!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can not wait to read Lola and the boy next door!! check out my WoW http://thebookcovers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!